Tuesday, March 17, 2009

extrinsic???


we usually dream and think of going out and mostly we hear our kababayans talk about their experiences in different countries they've been to; and yeah most of the Filipino families have relatives all over the world. there are tons of reasons why pinoys keep leaving and still they come back! when i was a child, i saw my cousins, uncles, aunts, dad and my grandma leave the country and come back from time to time and i have though about doing the same but hesitant as to the consequences and the changes that await me. but then again i was too young to analyze things and so it remained a fancy thought of what was out there waiting for me. attempts! can you imagine how frail and unprepared i was during those instant thought of just getting away and just leave period! i had many opportunities that in the end i chose to stay in the Philippines. reasons?! well, i had quite enough reasons why i had to stay. i couldn't leave mama and i had some battle against my own peculiar thoughts going on and on for the past years. my career was also tremendously playing a significant role in my decision-making so i had professional factors to consider like my staff, my colleagues, my boss and my self-fulfillment with what i have achieved and how satisfied i am with those that i have gained; do i still lack maturity? and all those questions running through my head. recession... funny how this globally dominating plague did not stop me from leaving! and most of them think that i am foolish! yeah, i am! lol but what else can i do? i can't stop it from happening or wait forever before i finally decide! I AM A FOREIGNER. it was an odd thing for me to say that i am indeed a foreigner now when for years the "foreigner" i am used to refer to are those tall and white men who tour my country, marrying brown-skinned pinays. but now i am THE foreigner! lol my job applications are a series of unimaginable totally crazy experiences! i had 15 interviews! not kidding! having this economic chaos can't be harder than any other time in history. i found myself realizing how absurd it is to be in the middle of all this! do i have a choice?!!! lol companies choose the locals over the foreigners and it's a no-brainer! differences--this country is diverse in itself where so many races and languages that you bump into! and i'm one of the pieces in the puzzle. ^^ and yeah, i'm fortunate that the company i belong right now is also a mixture of races-- that i don't feel no prejudice. lol the pinoys at work are cool with me. i guess i'll be so at home here in no time. =)

No comments: